
There was a track meet here today and Holl was in the high jump (second place, 4'2"), triple jump (seen here 24'5.5" and third place), 100m hurdles (22.8 seconds, seventh place?) and 200m hurdles (40.7 seconds, eighth place?). Since it was at home the whole family was there except the oldest one who was in "the valley of storage" at a track meet himself.Linc called and told us of the results of his meet. He has a pulled Quad muscle and was only entered into the high jump and the triple jump. Well the not so good was that he scratched in all three attempts at triple jump and didn't get a mark (this is where the pulled muscle came in to play). And again in the high jump he didn't do so good owing to the injury. I guess we all have off days as well as days off but I really don't like the off day off. The snow really went a lot today but you can still see there is plenty left. Linc's track picture was rather unique in that it was in the snow. You see the high school track team in their uniforms and sweats out in a field of snow.
3 comments:
I hope that Linc gets feeling better. It is amazing how fast isn't fast enough. One of the teachers was bragging about her 5k fun run she has participated in. MY thought was what an oxymoron. Fun Run. Yeah right
Sorry we missed the meet, it sounds like Holland did very well. I hope Linc recovers with a minimum or lasting effects. It seems kids get hurt no matter what sport they play. Ash fibbed to her "friend" that we were "out of town" on Sat. so we had to be scarce. I keep telling her if she needs to not do something she should say mom won't let me because it's true I won't let her do something she is uncomfortable with.
In the picture of me going over the hurdle i have really bad form!!!!!!! Dont think thats what going over a hurdle is supposed to be like...Its NOT!!!!!!!
Post a Comment