Friday, August 22, 2008

Holes and Holls

Well due to the underwhelming response to my last post I will move on. Even if you didn't respond you can still draw pictures and send them in.In the last week we have replaced the main water line into our house, I did this while the rest of the family went to a family reunion. Didn't we already go to a reunion? Yes we did. This one not to be confused with the one we had with just us and the kids or the one with Wife's brothers and sisters but the one with Wife's grandparents posterity. Clear? Well we ended up not having Wife's cousins come up from the big California city because of a long complicated story that I will not relate here.
Holl had a birthday this week and the night before she sat us down and told us just what she wanted for her birthday. Perhaps it is a bit odd that a teenager would want yarn for her birthday but that is exactly what she wanted. I looked for the fuzziest, pinkest yarn I could find and that seemed to please her greatly. She is now South of here in the big city with two of her friends and one of her friends aunts. School starts for the young'ens next week so summer is officially over. Actually it has felt like fall since the end of the fair.
Oggie went on a little trip yesterday. Linc wanted me to drive him and his buddy to the river so they could "float the salt". It was just about all Oggie could do to get there and back but he did it. He needs much more attention but he is getting there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mentioned to the family last Sunday about your suggestion of sending artwork to you. They thought it was a great plan, I am not sure however, what they plan to do. I do know that 2 of the girls are into photography. Happy Birthday to the fuzzy pink yarn girl!

Anonymous said...

Holls is more interesting than holes, so I'll comment on her rather uncommon choice of birthday presents. You can see that her mother is teaching her how to do things that will make her family well fed and clothed through her efforts. It is unusual for a 14 year old to crochet at all let alone want yarn for her birthday. Ashlee wanted striped hair and Roller Coaster Tycoon. The contrast is obvious and just a little frightening for A's parents and future family.

Alf's boy said...

I guess there has been more mentioned than I was aware of, thanks for your help.

Anonymous said...

It was somewhat less unusual to like crochet and cooking and such when I was 14. I sewed all of my school clothes, but I was into embroidery at that time, I was real embroidery, not cross stitch. I got into crochet later on, after I finished College. It is good to see a young lady that likes homemaking skills and such, they will never fail her.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with my talented grand daughter and her crocheting skills and with your magnificient water line hole. I think if very significant the huge size of some of the MANY rocks I've seen that came out of the hole! Comments from your 2 Lazy 2 M-I-L