Friday, May 8, 2009

State of the hand




Well, it is done... I think. The hand was operated on and all seemed to go well. As you can see I'm all bandaged up. I need to have this thing on until at least Sunday. It hurts a bit but not real bad, about a 3. They gave me come stuff for the pain and wanted to give me stuff for dizziness and nausea but when I asked why the dizzy pills they couldn't say why. I took some of the pain pills and quickly learned why they recommended the dizzy pills. My pain wasn't bad enough to need the pills so I say skip it! This comes at a bad time for me at work (is there a good time?). We are developing a new gun and I had three months of regular work ahead of this new project and was just starting on the new stuff when this started. I think I can go to work Monday but I will need to keep my hand away from the oil and other chemicals that is my normal daily beauty treatment. I suppose I can program as well as direct others on our ongoing projects.

This has been added for it's cuteness factor.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to Hand it to you, your family doesn't slow down for anything. Hope things go well. Wife keeps trying to get me into the doctor to try & fix my problem (physical I don't know if mental is covered too well), but I hate needles and I'm a big enough 'cut up' without being so.

Take Care,

Spuddering around

wyo sis said...

I'm glad the hand seems to be OK! It's a little disconcerting to have missed the whole thing, but I think it's pretty par for our family to just go about our lives and do what needs to be done, without announcements or consultations.
I watch some people talk on the phone to everyone in their family about every random thought they have, but it's just not me (or you). This twitter thing is just baffling to me. Who cares what every person is doing every minute? Well---I guess some people do, since it's a huge thing right now.
Anyway we probably should communicate a little better, and maybe some people should do it a little less. So much for my soapbox. Hope everything continues well for you.

Pi-day Dave said...

I'm glad that it went well. Keep us informed as progress made. Was this because of the pallet incident this winter? I was just wondering.

Alf's boy said...

It wasn't the pallet incident that did it, it was over use of a pry bar.

2 Lazy 2 Grandma said...

Best wishes for your speedy recovery. Cute picture of the youngest, behind the wooden bars!

Big Sis said...

Boy, you must have really had a sticky situation in order to over use that hand to pry something off. I like that we are a family that goes about our business as best we can. I am that way even though lots of times I am quite lonely. I should probably write a little more on the blog and in journals, but I cannot type as fast as I think. I can use cursive writing a lot faster than I can print, but my mind is the fastest writer, I hope there is someone in heaven that is my scribe, at least for the good things I do, because I have a hyperactive mind with an under active body. Sigh

hillbilly sister said...

Your hand looks nice! You should have waited until Halloween! Anyway I am glad it went well.