Here are some of the pictures taken on the family's trip South.
They met up with the Toolee boys and went to Promontory Point.
There was a zoo trip somewhere in there.
I do believe a time was had.
They met up with the Toolee boys and went to Promontory Point.
There was a zoo trip somewhere in there.
I do believe a time was had. There was a trip to BYU and a pool along with visits to friends and relatives and friendly relatives and relative friends. I held the fort down (I sat on it and that sucker wasn't going anywhere) and a little peace and quiet now and then is OK with me.
This is a turnip from our garden. The planters of the garden this year were about as discriminating in the placing of seeds as they are at the placing of their dirty clothes. Hence this turnip was found in the beets.
This is a turnip from our garden. The planters of the garden this year were about as discriminating in the placing of seeds as they are at the placing of their dirty clothes. Hence this turnip was found in the beets.
7 comments:
I'm glad the Utah travelers had such a good time and the maintainer of the "fort" did well too! Looks like you have a better garden than I do, to get a turnip so large the beets couldn't toss it out for invading their territory!!
It was fun to see everyone. My garden as usual did nothing.
what garden? At least you put one in! I should have sigh.....I have always been curious as to what mashed turnips taste like. Does anyone know? Sounds like you had a nice trip!
What does one do with a turnip? Is it cooked before eating? Anyway, you got a big one. I'm feeling a bit sorry for the fort, but I agree it's great to be alone sometimes.
YOU COOK TURNIPS like potatoes. Often they are cooked together with spuds and carrots and cabbage. They can also be eaten raw, but sometimes they have a bitter taste if eaten raw. I have a veggie garden in my flower garden spot. I have gotten a few tomatoes. There are many more on the vines growing. I should have 1 or 2 in the next day or two. I have a bell pepper plant. There is one huge pepper on it that is almost red.There are many more growing on it. Also 2 yellow squash vines, a row of carrots , some sage (Herbs) and some parsley.
The picture of you holding the Turnip reminds me of Dwight Schrute.
Not the most flatering comment ever - Ash.
Post a Comment