Sunday, February 14, 2010

New freedom for the youngest


'Leenie got her own bed yesterday. She has been taking naps on our bed and liked the freedom to get up when she wanted and her crib was less than safe, having been through four other kids and several moves. As you can see it's not fancy but it lets her get in and out on her own. I used the mattress from the crib as the size of the bed and drew up some plans using 2x4's and 3/8" plywood along with screws and metal plates. I think she is happy with it.

5 comments:

wyo sis said...

Oh happy day for Leenie! She'll really be a force to be roconed with now!

sister marbles said...

Looks comfy to me!

Big Sis said...

It looks a lot safer and more sturdy than a crib. Clever you. Now it needs to be painted a pretty pink! I am sure she likes it much better than a confining crib.

Pi-day Dave said...

You Da Man! I like it. Costs a lot less than buying a new bed, and it probably a lot more sturdy than a store bought bed. I bet G-man had a ball helping you.

Anonymous said...

I am delighted that Leenie now has her very own sturdy, unique bed; just right for her age! Good job to the creators. What color's it going to be? She's probably the happiest 2 year old girl right now on Jackson Street, says this wandering grandma in Dixie!